Pages

8.18.2010

Routine

I am a creature of routine not a creature of habit, though habits are forms of routines or would it be, routines are forms of habits?  Oh dear, something to ponder that might cause the ol' gray matter to explode. 

Admit it, you like routines too, it makes life easier to navigate.  I bet you have a certain routine in the mornings before you go to work.  If anything disrupts the routine, the rest of the day just doesn't go right.  It feels like when you have a pebble stuck in the tread of your Nike's, or whatever you wear, and you can't get it out.  No matter how hard you try, no amount of dragging your foot, no amount of kicking, stomping or wiggling your foot will get it out.  So there you are with a clicky sound and lumpy feeling at the bottom of your foot.  Ugh.

My routine is all skeewampus right now.  I have a pebble it the tread of my neat feakiness.

After two days of work, I'm behind in my household chores. 
Here's what's happening with the wash.



Two loads had already been done by Husband earlier in the day; one before work the other at lunch.  

On Saturday, there was nothing, nada, zilch, zippo in the wash basket.  Here it is Tuesday and we had four loads of wash that needed to be done.  I know, I know, those of you who have wee ones plus teen ones plus a hubby are thinking what the heck is she talking about, four loads of laundry in 2 days is nothing.  I agree.  My question, though, is how in the name of all that is clean and good smelling do two people generate four large loads of wash in 2 days time?!  

In a couple of weeks I'll have the same routine I had two and a half months ago, before summer got in the way of my daily, monotonous routine and then I'll be longing for a break in my daily monotonous routine...no matter how messy my house might get.

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel better, I had to vacuum my car out 3 times in jsut a couple of weeks. I mean HAD to! I told Eric the other day that we just lead a very dirty life right now. Between him spending all day in the forest and me gardening and canning and Ada being two, we're just dirty right now! Soon you and I will be enjoying clean homes again, and we will appreciate it all the more because of days like today.

    ReplyDelete