Pages

7.04.2010

4th of July

I love patriotic holidays.  I love hearing our national anthem.  I love seeing the red-white-and-blue blowing in the wind.  

My favorite patriotic holiday is the Fourth of July.  I love watching fireworks that celebrate the birth of this great nation, especially when the Boston Pops plays the 1812 Overture.  Yeah, I know, the 1812 Overture wasn't written for the 4th of July but it stirs my soul none-the-less.  I would have to say that the best 4th of July fireworks I have ever seen was at Vancouver, Washington.  It was breath taking.  Everyone should see it.  

Patriotic holidays remind me of how fortunate I am to live in this great nation.   I'm so grateful to all who sacrificed their lives for us to maintain the life we all love so much.  Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment