Pages

3.22.2009

Thoughts

An acquaintance passed away on Friday. 38 years old, he leaves a wife and 3 children under 10. I was sad to hear of his passing but not shocked, he had been fighting brain cancer for 5 years. He almost beat it. His wife has been a rock through it all, or so it seems to me. I'm sure that in her private moments she struggles, nevertheless in public she is strong and resilient. I wonder what makes some of us strong in the face of adversity while others of us seem to fall apart. I would have to say that it is faith in God that gives us the strength we need. As we place our trust in Him, we can see that we are not alone in our trial. I know that my friend is in a better place free of pain and the limitations that the cancer placed on him. I'm sad for his family because I know that they will miss him terribly. I do know, however, that Ingrid's knowledge of eternal families will bring her comfort and strength in the days, months and years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment